Above the orange horizontal line is the context bar in three sections (listed from left to right)
- App Navigation
- Profile Info & Context
Below the orange line is the Main Navigation. The Manage section also has a helpful Sidebar.
These buttons will switch the view to either Inteliguide or Patrolguide (or Salesguide, Coming soon!) all using a single sign on solution. Login to one, and immediately access any that your account is authorized for.
Any new system notifications, generated files, or internal messages will first appear here. Clicking "View All" leads to Your Inbox.
The area below the orange horizontal line and the gray horizontal line contains the main navigation for the app. This may vary depending on the app. Shown is Inteliguide.
- Main Actions - Full button click/hover
- Secondary Actions - Arrow drop down click/hover
- Flyout menus - On click/hover
- Stays with you as you scroll
- Features quick sectional navigation flyout
- Infinite Scrolling - No more numbers and arrows at the bottom of lists
- Intuitive, Touch-based List Item Selection - No more columns of check boxes
- Collapsible/Expandable List Items - Collapse/Expand all at the click of a button
- Collapsible/Expandable Search Panel
- Collapsible/Expandable Sidebar
- Select All/None
- Bulk Actions
- Hover Actions per List Item
- Consistent Search Panel - you'll see the same Search/Filter/Sort options for ever List
- Contextual - Hover Search Panel/Settings Info and Sidebar Menu scroll with you - Related Totals on most lists
- Responsive - Feedback for just about every interactive User Interface element (buttons, links, list items, menu items, etc.)
- Consistent - Left column main info
- Contextual - Right column containing Related Totals and other associated information, where applicable
- Productive - Applicable Actions for each record present
- Consistent - Top down one column design, in all but the most complex forms
- Contextual - Optional Contacts and Shift Defaults on same page
- Responsive - In-line validations
- Productive - One record to many records handled on the same form in most cases
There are three types of System Notifications:
- General - For background process completion or file generation, etc.
- Error - For validation and other errors
- Success - Hurray! Some process completed without error
There can be one or more notifications stacked on screen at once, some will persist where necessary, and others will fade away after several seconds.
These are a way to navigate within discreet sections. Take Accounts, for example. As to be expected, the Plus symbol '+' means Add and will take you to the Add New form for the item in question. In the example, Businesses, Locations, Groups, or Users.
Uniformity of User Interface
- Form elements (Text Boxes, Check Boxes, Date Pickers, Pill Boxes, Buttons, Links)
All of the elements that you'll use to interact with the app will be consistent and uniform throughout.
In designing the new 2.0 interface for the web, we kept mobile and touch interfaces at the back of our mind nearly every step of the way. Many operations features will be accessible via mobile apps, but nearly all of the features of the web app (used through your browser, instead of your phone or tablet; for instance) will be easy to navigate via the mobile browser.
A Word About This Documentation
This resource represents a comprehensive description of all the tools and features of Inteliguide & Patrolguide for web and mobile. It does not represent walkthroughs on how to specifically achieve certain goals. Rather, it examines all the individual elements of the applications and explains how they correlate. Using the information found within, constructing walkthroughs with specific goals (How to create your first Shift, or Patrol Work Order, or export a Client Report to CSV, for a few examples) will be extremely easy. In explaining how different elements and features interrelate, there are a few passages that resemble walkthroughs... but that was in the service of delivering a deeper understanding of those respective issues.
Beyond this documentation, there is a public Announcements portion of our Knowledge Base. We are going to start with a walkthrough for Clients, to ease the shock of their transition from the legacy system to V2, and we will be posting that to Announcements. That will be available by the middle of our beta testing period just as we start transitioning over real Clients to the new system.